March 20, 2017

5 Tips for Working From Home During the Summer

5 Tips for Working From Home During the Summer
By Kerrie McLoughlin
690 words

It’s hard for kids to understand the concept that “Mommy or Daddy has to work,” especially in the summertime when fun is supposed to rule and you are in sight. Of course you can attempt to get everything done early in the morning or late at night while they sleep, but that doesn’t always work out. I'm often asked how I work from home while caring for my own 5 children, as well as having extra kids over during the summer. Here are a few of my own ideas for making summer work for everyone!

Trade care. My next door neighbor's kid often knocks on my door to play while his dad is making work telephone calls from his own home. I'm a proofer/writer, so I can be interrupted and don’t need total silence, whereas his dad needs periods of absolute quiet to conduct his business. Believe it or not, tossing his kid into the mix often helps me out because now my kids have someone new to play with! If I take his kid a few days a week, he often reciprocates by watching my kids for a few hours on the weekend. If you have family who enjoy taking your child for a few hours and have a kid who can detach easily, take advantage of this!

Featured Post

Proofreading Perfectionism and Professionalism: WriterKerrie on Fiverr's 2,882 Reviews ... I Love My Clients!

I have been a professional proofreader since April 2013, and I was a proofreader in the public relations and nonprofit sectors for ...