September 1, 2023

Christmas Nonprofit Appeal Letter Sample

Back when I first had my son in 2001, the company I had worked for needed someone to write nonprofit appeal letters and follow-up thank you letters, and this was something I could do from home while holding my baby! 

Here is a sample of a Christmas appeal letter I wrote long ago, and I've since had many ideas and would love to work with you to create the perfect holiday appeal letter for your nonprofit! Please email me at thekerrieshow@gmail.com so we can talk more about your needs.

And if you are also a writer and want to learn how to do what I do to make money writing articles from home, please check out my print book or Kindle book here on Amazon.com.

Christmas 2001

            It’s Christmastime again! It’s a time to buy and make gifts, bake cookies, spend cherished time with our loved ones and, most importantly, celebrate the birth of Jesus Christ.

            There’s always something special in the air at Christmastime. People are kinder, warmer, friendlier. We smile at strangers, we say hello to our neighbors, and we treat our friends and families just a bit better. We exhibit Jesus’s example of giving to and helping those who are in need.

            We’ve all heard that it is better to give than to receive. To know that you are helping to make someone’s life just a little bit easier or helping to make someone happy is an indescribable feeling. As I’m sure you realize, while you are busy buying and making gifts for your loved ones this Christmas season, there are so many people in need. While most of us take for granted having a merry Christmas, some among us can only pray and dream about it.

            For those of you with children in your lives, you know their joy when they open gifts on Christmas Day. It’s very sad for me to think of all the children in our area who won’t have even one gift to open this year. In fact, they may not even have a meal to eat on this special day. But there is hope for them, and that hope is you.

            Here at [nonprofit client], we pride ourselves on the help we have provided to those in need for so long. But we honestly couldn’t do it without your generosity. Please consider putting one more person on your Christmas gift list this year, and send a donation to [nonprofit client].

Featured Post

Proofreading Perfectionism and Professionalism: WriterKerrie on Fiverr's 2,882 Reviews ... I Love My Clients!

I have been a professional proofreader since April 2013, and I was a proofreader in the public relations and nonprofit sectors for ...